1. What is an ESA ?
2. Why are wetlands important for our lands and country?
3. Which endemic and native species (fauna and flora) inhabit these areas?
2. How were the external experts who are supporting this project selected?
2. How were the external experts who are supporting this project selected ?
3. Who are the relevant authorities approving this project ?
4. How does a golf course help with the development of a wetland ?
1. Who is responsible for monitoring the area and the project’s progress ?
2. Will access to the area be restricted to the public?
3. How will this project benefit the region and its communities?
In his study, environmental consultant Pierre Baissac identified the following endemic and native species :
The wetland, which is officially demarcated, will be protected by its buffer zone of a 30-meter radius. Should the wetland become accessible to all through the golf course and a walking trail, the following activities will be strictly prohibited :
– Waste disposal
– Discharge of wastewater’
– Drainage, siltation and backfilling of wetlands;
– Land rehabilitation;
– Habitat fragmentation;
– Disturbance and destruction of its fauna and flora, as well as its native terrestrial biodiversity;
– The construction of revetments, sealing structures or any other intervention that could compromise, in any way, the normal functioning of the wetland.